Saturday, March 14, 2009

Raindrops keep falling on my head...thank goodness for my new cap!

We are very thankful for the rain we are getting today. Our Almighty God knows just what we need and when we need it.
Hayden was given a "Randy Hodge Livestock Network" cap Wednesday for being such a good helper. Since then, he has slept with it on his head and comes out of his room each morning wearing it. He was having his breakfast yesterday morning, the day after his big cattle drive!!


Last night, cousin Simon came over to spend the night with Mamaw and Papaw so he came down to play with Hayden today. They started out with pizza for lunch and then Hayden resorted to his all-time favorite meal....Gerber oatmeal - yes that would be the baby food kind!! Oh well, it is about the most nutritious thing I can get into him so I will keep mixing it up as long as he will eat it.




Simon decided to pick and grin a little this afternoon and also informed me that he would like a guitar for his birthday or christmas because, "it's my favorite instrument" he said. Hayden did the two step for us and boy is he a high stepper!



I tried to get Simon to sing also but he said he, "couldn't get the hang of it with the guitar, I can't get the right voice." I think this syndrome runs in the family because his aunt Allie can't play the piano and sing at the same time either. There is either a whole lot of playin', or a whole lot of singin', but not a whole lot of them together.
Yesterday I had lunch with my co-worker and county director, John Wilson, in Blount County. We were talking about raising our children (his are grown) and what a big responsibility and blessing that is. John gave some advice that really stuck with me when it comes to disciplining your children. Do it so that you, "break their will, not their spirit." Thanks John, I appreciate the conversation and tips and how true that statement is. Jonathan and I have a very active little guy, but he has such a big heart and he is definitely full of spirit! I hope you have a great weekend and I hope you receive a blessing tomorrow at your church. Go with the desire and an open heart and I know God will bless you!

No comments:

Post a Comment